Clients I have worked with:
Select a project to get more information.
Finance & Insurance
- Fannie Mae – Process Improvement POC (2020)
- Bank of America – CARES (2020)
- Fannie Mae – Enterprise Process Repository (2019-2020)
- Fannie Mae – Architecture Tool Selection (2019)
- PNC – Advanced Admin Training (2019)
- PNC – GRC Tech Stack Implementation (2018)
- State Street – Business Architecture Development (2016-2017)
- PNC – GRC Interface Development (2015)
- AIG – Business Process Management POC (2015)
- Fannie Mae – Governance Simplification (2014)
- Freddie Mac – ARIS Implementation (2010)
Proof of concept for a process improvement initiative – enhancing the configuration of the EA tool implementation from an earlier project and approach at a national home loan company.
Team lead in the Paycheck Protection Program (CARES act) support for a national bank.
Project Director for a Business Process Repository implementation in the context of an enterprise-wide Governance, Risk & Compliance initiative at a national home loan company. Responsible for all technical aspects of the implementation – configuration, design (data, governance, application interfaces), development of interfaces to multiple systems.
Subject Matter Professional in an EA/process repository tool selection project for a national home loan company, that is used for process improvement and risk & compliance purposes.
Advanced ARIS Admin training – concept, development, remote training delivery – for a national bank.
Project Delivery Lead for the enhancement of a tool stack for risk & compliance (based on KPMG’s Risk & Compliance Tool and ARIS), as well as governance design and training creation and delivery for the complete tool stack for a national bank.
Lead Business Architect in an Identity and Access Management project for a global financial client (Sailpoint implementation). We supported the system implementation by developing this architecture layer.
ARIS Development Lead for the interface development between KPMG’s own Regulatory Compliance Tool and ARIS for a banking client.
Project manager in an ARIS proof of concept for an international insurance company in London, UK.
Business process improvement project with implementation road map development for a countrywide home loan company.
ARIS implementation and method setup at a countrywide home loan company.
- Nike – Business Case Development (2021)
- Conair – ARIS for SAP (2013)
- Kroger – ERP Implemtation Planning (2012-2013)
- US Foods – Enterprise Architecture Review (2012)
- Coinstar – Model-to-Execute (2012)
- Sysco Foods – EA/ARIS implementation (2010)
Process management business case development for an apparel company in the
context of their SAP implementation.
Project Manager and SME in an ARIS for SAP implementation at a wholesale distributor.
Project Manager and Lead Architect in the scoping phase of a multi-year, multi-million ERP implementation, creating the functional scope of the implementation phases.
Enterprise Architecture review for a food service distributor, including their EA practices and setup, standards, and “model-to-execution” setup.
Lead of the Model-to-Execute work package at a national kiosk retailer. This was the first “real life” ARIS – webMethods implementation in North America.
Project Manager of an Enterprise Architecture / ARIS implementation at a national commercial food supplier.
Transportation & Energy
- Stericycle – Enterprise Architecture Review (2017)
- BHP – EA Getting Started (2014)
- Boeing – EA Consolidation (2013)
- American Airlines – Process Development (2010)
- Southern California Edison – ARIS Implementation (2009)
- South Texas Project – ARIS Implementation (2009)
- Salzburg AG – Training Concept (1997)
- Deutsche Bahn – Role Definition (1997)
Enterprise Architecture review for a global waste management company as part of the planning phase for a global ERP implementation.
“Getting Started” TOGAF Enterprise Architecture services / ARIS implementation for one of the largest global Oil & Gas / Mining company.
Lead Enterprise Architect on a project that created a consolidated, TOGAF-based EA for the market leader in commercial aircrafts.
ARIS “Getting started” support in preparation of an ERP implementation at a global airline – maintenance and supply chain processes.
Project Manager and SME in an ARIS implementation at an utility company.
Project management and training delivery in an ARIS implementation at a nuclear energy provider.
Development of a classroom-based training concept for an Austrian utility company – SAP implementation.
Development of role profiles and job descriptions for a new customer care center of a German railway company.
- Bayer Crop Science – Enterprise Architecture Road Map (2016-2017)
- Medtronic – Business Transformation (2010-2011)
- Clorox – Process Management Mentoring
Project Manager of an Enterprise Architecture Support project (development road map analysis and planning) for a global agriculture / pharma client
Conceptualization and implementation of an Enterprise Architecture structure in ARIS as part of a Business Transformation project at a medical supply company.
Mentoring of a Business Process Management project in the context of their ARIS implementation and usage.
Government & Education
- Project Management Institute – EA Implementation (2019)
- Project Management Institute – EA Maturity Assessment (2018)
- HETG – Mainframe Modernization (2011)
- British Columbia – BPM Mentoring (2011)
- US Army – Logistics Processes (2008)
- German Armed Forces – Armament Processes (2005-2007)
- Swiss Armed Forces – Change Management Concept (2006-2007)
- German Armed Forces – Organization Processes (2006-2007)
- German Ministry of Defense – Business Process Management
- German Armed Forces – Armament Process Development (2004-2005)
- German Ministry of Transportation & Digital Infrastructure – Org Change Management (2004)
- German Armed Forces – Leadership Process Development (2003-2004)
- German Armed Forces – Medical Services Processes (2003-2004)
- German Armed Forces – Head of a Department (1995-1997)
- German Armed Forces – Platoon Leader (1989-1990 & 1994-1995)
Project lead for an Enterprise Architecture implementation – stand-up of the discipline of EA at a nonprofit organization in the context of a major business transformation: EA strategy development, tool
selection, method configuration, governance design, training planning, communication.
Enterprise Architecture maturity assessment for a non-profit organization. Development of “findings and recommendations” that will be implemented in the next project phase, as well as definition of an Architecture Review Board and preparing the members and participants. Collection of standards and reference architectures.
Lead of an Enterprise Architecture team in a mainframe modernization project for a nine college consortium in Florida. Responsible for overall concept and EA development, as well as the overall program approach.
Mentoring of a Business Process Management project in the context of their ARIS implementation and usage.
Engagement manager for BPM projects with the US Army (Army logistics and medical logistics) in the context of a SAP implementation.
Project manager of a BPM project for the Bundesamt für Wehrtechnik und Beschaffung / Armament Organization – SAP implementation.
Development of a change management concept for the Swiss Army – SAP implementation.
Enhancement of the “Organization” process model for the German Armed Forces – SAP implementation
Support of central Business Process Management program at the German Ministry of Defense.
Project manager of a BPM project “Armament” for the German Armed Forces – SAP implementation
Organizational change management support for the German Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure.
Development of the “Military Leadership” process model – “brigade in a combat mission”.
Development of the “Medical Service” process model for the German Armed Forces – SAP implementation
Head of the personnel department in a battalion’s staff after reunification.
Platoon leader of a tank platoon.
Communications & High Tech
- Google – Process Mining (2021)
- KPMG – Audit Technology (2019)
- Comcast – BPM Standards and Mentoring (2016)
- KPMG – Internal Audit of the Future (2015-2016)
- KPMG – Enterprise Architecture Trainings (2015-2020)
- KPMG – Business Process Improvement (2015)
- KPMG – EA Practice Design & Standup
- KPMG – Collaboration Suite Implementation (2014)
- Videotron – ARIS Implementation (2013-2014)
- Software AG – Consulting Method Development (2013-2014)
- Software AG – ARIS Training & Certification (2008-2013)
- Software AG – EA Competency Design & Standup (2011-2014)
- Citrix – SAP reimplementation (2008)
- IDS Scheer – Wiki Development (2005-2007)
- T-Mobile – Mobile Access Portal (2002)
- T-Mobile – Service Integration Platform (2002)
- T-Online – Blended Learning (2001-2002)
- T-Online – End User Training Program (2000)
- T-Online – Program Intranet (1999-2000)
- Deutsche Telekom – Billing Processes (1997-1998)
Project manager in a process mining pilot project – introduction of process mining
and task mining (Robotics Process Discovery) at a high-tech firm.
Lead architect in an application/project/cost rationalization project for KPMG’s Audit group. In addition to the rationalization efforts, forward-looking architecture work, such as definition of principles, creation of a process framework, and architecture catalogs/patterns are in scope of this phase (2019).
BPM Subject Matter Professional for a national cable provider/broadcasting company that wanted to improve their operational customer-related processes. Definition of standards and mentoring of modeling resources.
Program Architect for an internal offering development project (three year build with a 20+M budget), leading a team of five architects. Definition of a TOGAF-compliant architecture approach, including governance definition (method, organization/roles, processes), solution portfolio setup, and agile transformation.
Multiple training developments and deliveries for clients (included in project descriptions above), KPMG-internal project teams, the KPMG Global Architect group, as well as part of the “KPMG Source” project support activities.
Course content development and review for KPMG Business School web-based training for Enterprise Architecture.
Architecture setup for an internal business process improvement of back office processes; support of an initial assessment in 8 process groups in preparation of the development of a target operating model.
Stand up, competency design, and enablement for an Enterprise Architecture practice at KPMG.
Method definition and configuration in an implementation of a global collaboration platform for KPMG – “Source”: ARIS, Confluence, JIRA.
“Getting Started” Enterprise Architecture / ARIS implementation project manager with the main cable / internet provider in Quebec, Canada – establishment of methods and standards.
Global road map development and product management for the BPMS solution architecture and implementation consulting methodology (“Model-to-Execute”); internal project.
Multiple ARIS training deliveries at various clients as part of the ARIS Certification Program, training development of global training courses (strategy, BPMN), contribution to ARIS certification questionnaire.
Stand up and competency design for an Enterprise Architecture practice at a leading software vendor.
Project Manager of a BPM project in a SAP reimplementation at a global High-Tech company.
Implementation of a Wiki for the Public Sector consulting branch of IDS Scheer AG.
Project manager of the customer product “Mobile Access Portal“ – access to the customer’s intranet via a new developed service platform – IPSec tunnel.
Defect management in system / acceptance test of a “Service Integration Platform“ of a global mobile telecommunication company.
Project manager of a Blended Learning project for 1000 client and outsourcing agents. Development of internal standards and norms for the implementation of an eLearning solution at an European internet service provider; quality assurance.
Project manager end user training of a billing software at the leading German internet service provider – 400 customer service agents.
Development of a knowledge transfer concept; conceptualization and implementation of a project intranet; lead of the editorial staff at the largest German internet service provider.
Dvelopment of billing processes for a global telecommunication company – implementation of a new billing architecture for 44 million customers.